Sunday 15 December 2013

Tatty Heart

Hello to you all. Not sure where this year has gone. As you can see I neglect my blog a lot. I have been really busy with craft fairs and card orders. Only finished my card orders last weekend and really had a good clear up, now we can eat our christmas dinner on the table!!!! But couldn't resist having a play. Brought this heart below in the sale last year.


Painted the heart with sand and cream paints first. Let it dry. Stuck all the embellishments on, whatever came out my junk box really. Painted all the embellishments again with the cream and sand paints. Blasted it with heat gun to make sure paints not left in blobs. Added gold gilding wax and this gave the aged look. The small rose buds wouldn't absorb all the paint but love the way the pink has just crept through. Finished off with a twine bow. Hope you like this.




3 comments:

  1. OMG ! This is totally cool Mandy ! You are sooooo creative ! I looooove this heart ! Just to let you know, I could not open the next post... Must be a gremlin somewhere ! Have a lovely Christmas Sweetie ! Lots of hugs to you and Andy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy - thanks so much for your lovely comment. So glad to hear you've been - deservedly - busy with commissions and craft fairs. Just love this, a wonderful, textured, delicate creation. I see I've managed to miss some things with my house move etc etc, so I'm off for a browse...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete